Some facts you did not know about Ozone!
Often times we write about the importance of indoor air quality, there are different approaches, hiring a local indoor air quality specialist for an inspection and probably getting your air ducts cleaned by professionals like Dust Chasers in Toronto-Ontario-Canada could be a good step to get into the game, however there are also other things you got to keep on top of, we have mentioned previously that Air Filters Play a key role for removing dust particles out of the HVAC system but did you know that some AIR FILTERS Produce OZONE? , here is a list of some house hold devices which also produce Ozone:
- Air Purifiers (Even air purifiers that claim “No Ozone” produce Ozone if they have a UV light or a fan).
is the most effective way by Mother Nature to clean the air, so at some levels it is not harmful, Ozone is simply Oxygen (O2) with an added molecule O3 that extra atom is very instable and it will attach itself to pollution or pollutants like odor and some bacteria (most effective on odor).
Here are some facts about Ozone:
- The EPA standard for ozone exposure is 80 parts per billion (PBB) over 8 hours.
- Ozone levels over 100 parts per billion (PBB) can injure the nose/lungs.
- “High Ozone” warnings signal that the air is bad.
- People with Asthma should definitely go Ozone-Free.
- At low levels, as in nature, it does a superb job of purifying the air.
- Some air purifiers have on/off Ozone, allowing you to “treat” the room.
- Effective on odor, bacteria, viruses, some pollutants and chemicals.
Depending on the results you want to achieve you could definitely benefit from one of the following:
- Ozone- (purify) odor, pollution, chemicals, treating a room.
- HEPA-(Clean) dust, hair, pollen, for help with allergies.
- UV-(Sanitize) germs, bacteria, viruses, to help the immune system.
Just keep in mind that anyone with allergies wants to get a Hepa filter since Ozone is not really effective at that.
We can’t escape Ozone and it protects us from sun, basically just like the sun, we need the sun to survive we need Ozone to survive. Thunder actually produces Ozone that is why the air smells really fresh, its nature’s way of naturally purifying and cleaning the air. People with Asthma should stay away from Electronic Air Cleaners.
Be sure to comeback as we will be covering different kinds of Electronic Air Cleaners in the upcoming weeks,
Keep in mind that Dust Chasers quality air duct cleaning services and HVAC hygiene is your go to source when it comes to indoor air quality in Toronto-Ontario-Canada.
Be sure to like us on Facebook so you could benefit from all the content and DIY s we publish.
This article was originally written by Alex.
Visit our website:
Visit our Instagram page to see some of our previous projects:
You can also like our Facebook page to win a free air duct cleaning service for the next time:
Read Our Blog Here:
Visit our Homestars page to read our reviews: